After trialing Centova Cast v2.2.6 for a few days, I decided to move on and purchase a paid monthly license. Since a new license key needed to be purchased, I started searching about a way to replace my license key on my current installation, but unfortunately I couldn’t find any clear instructions.
By combining information from a few forum posts and knowledge base articles from their website, I finally found a way to do it.
- Download their license key update utility
- Unzip the contents of the file to the root directory of your Centova Cast web files (eg. /var/www/ or /home/[username]/public_html/)
- Launch the script in your broswer: If Centova Cast is installed at http://radio.domain.com then you should launch http://radio.domain.com/licenseupdate.php
- Copy the license key of your newly purchased license from your Centova Cast Client Area and click the Update Key button.
- SSH to your server and run the command below:
/home/centovacast/system/runascc/runascc exec ccmanage reissuelicense radio.domain.com
(replace radio.domain.com with your FQDN you used when purchasing your license)
You should receive output similar to the following:
INF License reissuance forced; renewing license information (this may take a few moments) ... OK Key updated; new renewal date: 2012-03-07 10:13:39
Your license key is now updated and you’re ready to roll. Happy streaming!