I just installed the Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 GM update and noticed that Safari was behaving a bit weird after the update so I thought I reset it’s settings to default.
Here’s how it’s done:
1. Open Safari and click on Safari in the upper left hand corner.
2. Click Reset Safari.
3. Restart Safari. This will resolve most problems. If this does not solve the problem, proceed on to Step 4.
4. Open up a terminal window and enter
chflags nohidden ~/Library/
to make the user Library directory visible.
5. Click on the hard drive icon located on the desktop.
6. Go to Users > [username] > Library > Safari folder.
7. Delete all files except “Bookmarks.plist”.
8. Then go to Users > [username] > Library > Preferences.
com.apple.internetconfig.plist and delete them (ignore any file you can’t find).
10. Safari should now be fully reset to factory defaults.